Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

There Is Nothing More Excited Than A Baby!

Okay, so I have left the family and am inbound to some of my girls. Although I am so excited to see some of my bff's, i am feeling immense guilt at this moment. I have been so busy with the obvious distractions I have had this week I feel like I have neglected my house wifely duties and now am abandoning my family. I am not of course, it just sure feels like it as the ship leaves the harbour at this moment. I am wishing I had accomplished more around the house this week. My excitement came at the cost of my housekeeping, laundry and get ready for it... putting away some of my xmas decorations. Now normally it would not take someone more than a day to dismantle their xmas decor;however, I am not normal. Ask anyone who knows me... I am am anything but normal. :) My love for decorating my log house in Christmas gear is also anything but normal and I am okay with it. I have some serious decorations and I love every single globe, bobble and swag. I do not however love that it is still in a pile in the great room waiting for next December to roll around. Dear sweet husband of mine, thank you for your patience with your preoccupied wife. Dear sweet children of mine, thank you for being so patient and well behaved for your mama. Dear sweet friend Marnie of mine, thank you for not unfriending me for not returning your sweet phone calls this week. You deserve an honourable mention for being my constant and true sounding board who forgives my peaks and valleys of communication. I honestly haven't talked to anyone other than those who are helping me navigate through these open waters. Speaking of open waters. I love riding the B.C. Ferries... I know, I know, I am the only one. I do though. I love hiding up on the outer deck upstairs, and perching myself in a corner protected form the wind. The wind is beautiful as it whips around but it is the view of the coastline that nourishes me and truly is quenching to my spirit. It doesn't matter how many times I have traveled this route, it takes my breath away every time. I went to pick up 'Miss.B.' from school today and a few of the moms I have befriended that are in the know of what has been go on this on this week were all there and they are all so supportive and really are like my little own cheer leading squad. They asked me what I was up to this weekend and I told them that I was going to visit a dear friend who is expecting her first child. I couldn't stop talking about how excited I am to see her and the baby and becoming an 'aunty' again. Where a couple of them wanted more E.T. details, I just wanted to gloat about our new baby on the way. One of the moms commented that I seem more excited about this baby that isn't even mine, than the E.T. news that is mine. It is absolutely true. I am excited about this E.T. interview and all of the other fun stuff that is coming down the line but a baby is real and forever, media creates illusions that are fleeting. Yes, it's all fun but I am very aware that is fun and not meaningful in real life. Real life is tangible and about relationships and babies. I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground in this whirlwind of fun and excitement. (I have to just say- the Chief Stewart just came over the loud speakers to announce that the hockey game has just finished the second period and the Canucks are leading 3-1! You know when you are in Canada when...) I am appreciative of all of these opportunities, and I am well aware of the kind of success these sorts of connections can lead to and for these reasons these interviews and media coverage are very real and very meaningful; that said, a baby trumps every other celebratory event as far as I am concerned, especially when it is this baby. This one is extra special. Now, and to acknowledge the way this baby ties into Buddha & The Raven... it has been this baby that has inspired me to create a bonified children's line. I created a few small bracelets for this past holiday season, it was really just a few and I made them to see if the product would actually fly. I am going to create a Spring 2011 line and I am absolutely going to create a baby/toddler/children's series of little bracelets. Whoever this little spirit who is on their way here, they are going to be the namesake of my future children's line. I am sure I will have to pay the mama royalties for life. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment