Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Do What You Are Good At, And Let Others Do The Same.

As I sit down to my computer there is a beautiful snowfall outside my window. There isn't anything quite as calming as the quiet that envelopes the world when there is a crisp, fluffy, white blanket of fresh snow on the ground. In light of the excitement that the past few days has held for me, this meditation in motion, this beautiful snowfall, is exactly what my spirit needed. I usually don't have trouble staying in my body, grounded and present... but today especially, I have felt like I couldn't quite get my feet to touch the ground.
There has been some exciting revelations that have come as a result of my new association with the Academy Awards... the media wants to talk to me. I knew for certain that this latest adventure in my world was a big deal to me; however, it did not occur to me that this was newsworthy to anyone other than my friends and family. Low and behold, I have been in touch with a few different publications already and where I am normally a very confident person, comfortable with most any situation, I actually felt a little out of my league in these dealings. And then yesterday I remembered a sage piece of advice The Silver Fox once gave to me, he said,
"Do what you are good at, and let others do the same." That one liner makes so much sense to me. Of course! Apparently I am good at designing jewelry, so why don't I let someone who is good at dealing with the media do just that. Enter stage left... Gillian Behnke. Publicist to the stars. I had the good fortune of working with Gillian several years ago when I was managing VIP/Celebrity relations with a local company prior to having my daughter. I dealt directly with the likes of Goldie Hawn, Sharon Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Jennifer Lopez, Busy Phillips, Jaime King, Keenen Ivory Wayons, Robin Williams, Will Ferrel, Sarah Michelle Geller, Freddy Prinze Jr., Chris Klein, Linda Cardellini, Alanis Morrisette, Michelle Williams, Kurt Douglas, Kate Hudson, Diana Krall to name just a few. I know how amazing Gillian is at her job and I know careful she is with the smallest details, so handing over my best interests to her was not only easy, but quite honestly a relief. I do need to pay debt of gratitude to Lianne Kerr of www.thoughtshop.com and Tanis Tsisserev of www.t2communications.ca. Both Lianne & Tanis offered this sister sage advice at a time when I was feeling overwhelmed. Both of these amazing women got me focussed with feet on ground, heart in hand, facing forward and directly into the path of my PR Guru Gillian. So my deepest thanks to this trio of brilliant beauties. How fortunate am I to be surrounded by open hearted women who are of the rarest kind... the kind that celebrate other women's successes rather than feeling intimidated or resentful which is kind of what our species has been known for over the years. Well, I am honoured to be surrounded by these beautiful, intelligent, career driven, and dedicated moms who like me, are all about spreading love and light into the world, one press release at a time. On that note, I have an early start tomorrow. I will keep you posted as the adventure continues to reveal itself. In the meantime if you would like to set up an interview, please contact my publicist. LOL I just had to say it... clearly I am kidding, but what a riot.
love & light,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment