Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Luck Is A Matter Of Preparation Meeting Opportunity.

Happy 2011! Just as I was sitting back marveling at what a fantastic year 2011 was going to be, the phone rang. Well,not really. Actually I got an email, but it was a TSN Turning Point kind of email. Let me preface this by saying when you do something you love and you do it because it is what your heart tells you to do,although not everyone will understand why you do it and that is just fine as long as you believe in what it is you are doing. When you have spent ten years creating something you love and working hard to get it into the retailer market, the home show circuit, donating it to copious amounts of different charities & fundraisers, regularly giving it away to friends and sometimes even to strangers, in the hope that eventually the right person will see what you have created, and maybe, just maybe, one day it will lead to the right person seeing what you have created and it will inspire them to send you a TSN Turning Point kind of email. The email I received this past Thursday was indeed that TSN kind of email. So much so in fact, that I kept looking around waiting for Don Cherry to show up at my front door. The email was from a Stylist in Los Angeles that is responsible for sourcing the contents of the VIP gift bags that are being given to the Nominees, Presenters and Celebrity Stylists at the Oscars this year. Indeed, the right person at the right time found their way to my website, liked what they saw and contacted me with confirmation that they would like to invite me down to participate in this years Academy Awards Style Lounge. The Style Lounge is where the celebrities gather to do a little free shopping. Although I am absolutely stunned, flattered and honoured to be invited, and just to know that this year I am beyond excited to have my jewelry included in the VIP gift bags,is going to be enough for me this year. I have decided to graciously decline the invitation to be present, rather I will spend my time from this point forward preparing to attend next years awards circuit. You see, once you are 'in' the circle you are invited to sponsor other awards shows such as Grammys, Emmys, Golden Globes, ESPNs, American Music Awards, CMAs, the list goes on and on... So now is the time I get myself prepared before I launch my brand on such a grand scale. So 2011 is the year I learn more about the marketing aspect of my business. I have spent the past ten years laying the ground work by working my brand, sending as much love and light into the universe while protecting my karma and now the universe has listened and provided me with this opportunity. As you know I am inspired by Oprah and many of her words deeply resonate with me. One of her quotes that I hear over and over in my head is this: "Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity." - Oprah. I believe that when we follow our passion and step into the world with our deepest authenticity, we are preparing to receive the next opportunity that will innately further our journey along it's way to take us to the exact place that we belong in any given moment. Today I am giving thanks to all of those people who believed in me and encouraged me to follow my passion and to dive into my creativity. To those people who purchased my work when I was still figuring out my mediums, thank you for your support. Eleven years ago when I was seeking jewelry for my bridesmaids to wear at my wedding. When I was unable find anything that I liked or that suited me and my girls... it was two of my 'Moons' as I referred to my bridal party at the time. I had four women in my bridal party. Each of them 'represented a season of my life' as I had known it up to that point... each season has a new moon... you get the picture I am sure... Sorry I digress... So anyway, two of them, My Wise Old Indian(who will be referred to as 'Big City in all future blog postings) & The Princess, suggested I make my own jewelry. That suggestion triggered an action in me that has led me to today. I need to thank them both for believing in my creative ability even before I did. As a gesture of thanks, I promise that whenever I hit a red carpet, you will be on either side of me... but no one else is allowed to have their hair up. ;) a little inside joke for My Moons. Please sign up to follow my blog. I will be posting updates as this journey reveals more little twists and turns everyday. I am giving an interview tomorrow with one of our Canadian publications! I will tell you how it goes in my next post. Love & Light, t.

No comments:

Post a Comment