Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Heart Is Bursting with Gratitude.

Over the past few years I have considered myself to have seen small successes in my business. I have never really stopped to add them up before, but recently, after a conversation with a friend regarding this new adventure I have found myself on, we began discussing the different stepping stones that have brought me to this place.
Some of the donations I have made to different organization are the connections I most proud of. Supporting the likes of Lions Gate Hospital Foundation, Canuck Place, B.C. Cancer Agency, The Terry Fox Foundation, Collingwood School Foundation, Camp Kerry- Family Bereavement Camp and a few other programs that benefit children in the arts, these are the kind of associations I have found the most rewarding.
My girlfriend 'The Guru' who knows of my other successes made a good point, that indeed those are very worthy connections to mention, but so are the other less known about ones. Let me say this; I am very proud of everyone who dons one of my creations. I put so much heart and soul into each piece that I love to know that people are receiving the blessings that I put into my art. I truly do say a little blessing on the stones and pearls I string together. I have a had cynic once ask me, " So, you are telling me you bless, e v e r y stone you use?". My answer is yes. Sometimes I take them all in my hands before I begin stringing them together- and I just hold them with a quiet mind and wish the wearer peace, to feel beautiful and find happiness each time the put this jewelry on. There are times that I actually string a necklace like a rosary and put a sweet thought into each one. I just believe everyone has a platform to do something to spread joy into the world. My girl Oprah has a massive platform. She can open up girls schools in Africa, I can bestow blessings into pearls and hope that the wearer benefits in that way. We all can do something and this is one of the ways I do my part.
Back to the small successes that 'The Guru' feels I should share. Well, the fact is that I have been blessed to have worked closely with a wide range of celebrities over the years. I will mention a few of the ones that I know have donned my original designs. When Goldie Hawn was living here in Vancouver, I had the pleasure to get to know her on a personal level. By far, by a long, long stretch she is my favorite celebrity. Why, you ask? Because she has no pretense about who she is and the industry she belongs too. There is no fluff around her. She is a spiritual guru in her own right and she is a poster girl for spreading light and love into the world. Yes, I found great pleasure in seeing her in something that came from my heart. Sarah Michelle Geller not only has worn my jewelry but she has also purchased it for her friends. Singer/ song writers Jane Siberry and Jody Quine both have one of my creations. It is worth mentioning that my designs have been worn in the t.v. series ' Sanctuary' & 'Men in Trees' and on the the big screen with 'The Twilight Saga'. So there is a taste of some of my other successes you may not have known about.
Everyday there is a new twist of excitment. Thank you for allowing me to share it with you.
love & light,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment