Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

20 Years Later... What Have You Been Up To?

There is an old saying, "Don't burn your bridges. You never know who you will meet again in the future." Don't I know it! In the past 6 weeks I have reunited with a few peeps I knew 20 yrs ago and hadn't seen since. The first one I will call 'Tres'. She and I have crossed paths a couple of times over the past decade; however, it wasn't until this past November that we really reconnected. I saw her at a mutual friend's house sale and we began chatting. After our quick catch up I invited her to join me at a annual house party I co-host with a few of my bff's here on the North Shore. I was happy to extend the invitation to a fellow woman/artist, entrepreneur. I love supporting everyone I know, but especially working women who are following their passion. Since then she has done the same for me and supported me in ways I could have never imagined. She returned the favor tenfold when she suggested Buddha & The Raven be included in the Oscar gift bags. It was 'Tres' who opened the door for me and I am forever grateful. It will be 'Tres' and I who will take our goods to the Oscars together next year. She is presently working on a new website as she has just launched the most beautiful line of jewelry that I have seen in awhile. It is different than my own and different than anything else out there. She sources antique charms, keys, chains and such and rededicates them into new pieces of jewelry. Yes, there is some similar jewelry out there but NONE are actually recycled antiques. I am just so inspired by her and it is such an honour to pick up our friendship in a lovely and meaningful way. The second blast from the past came in one of those moments when you want to crawl under a rock. I saw 'J' one day in October when I was picking up 'Miss.B' I literally walked past him and did a double take. I said hello right away, asked about his family and asked where he was living, and then realized by the look on his face, that he had no freaking idea who the hell I was. Granted I still have 40 extra baby pounds on me ( can you still call them baby pounds 4 yrs later? :) ) But still, not only did we hang out regularly for a while, he also dated my roommate... that is another story for another time. Anyway- since then we have realized that our children go to school together and he now lives part time in a town I used to live in and we know the same people there. Crazy. Anyway- I have since reminded him who I was (' j' is for jerk btw- in a loving way of course) and it is always nice to see him at pick-up. He really is great guy. The Third just happened this week. I was on Facebook and had commented on my girlfriend's status. If you know FB you know that anytime you comment on someone's photo or status, it informs you when anyone does the same after you. This was the case, and when I saw the name I inquired on the post if it was the same ( I will call him '930') '930' from back when we both lived in Yaletown- before Yaletown was hip, rather, back when it was edgy and funky. Sure enough it was the same person. We soon 'friended' and got all caught up. It was so nice to hear that the past couple of decades have been mostly kind to him and that he still has his vibrant spirit that makes people love him. '930' was the roommate of a person I dated briefly... turns out the guy was a single scoop of vanilla and I was more like a banana split with extra whip... a little too wild for the poor guy. I feel for him. I am a lot to handle on a good day now, and just as much so back then. Anyway, in that time I had some great times with '930' he was a riot. It only makes perfect bizarre sense to discover that we now share a ton of friends in common. It is a wonder how our paths haven't crossed sooner. He lives in my neighbourhood practically! At any rate, here we are and I look forward to introducing '930' and his family to the 'Silver Fox' and our family. It is a small world. I believe there is a cosmic shift happening right now because I know more people who are seriously happy, and are in the middle of great changes that have them excited and empowered. If you have been following my blog for any length of time you know that there is nothing I love more than seeing my beloveds living an inspired life. I know I have experienced a cosmic shift- you all know how incredible the past few weeks have been. It really feels like the stars have aligned. For some reason this trinity from 20 yrs ago has resurfaced and I am interested to wait and see how and why now? Stay tuned... Love & Light, t.

No comments:

Post a Comment