Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer, Is That Really You?

While everyone was complaining about the lack of sun, I was right there
with them. Normally I am the one who reminds everyone that we live
in a rainforest. To think that our summer has been shortened only gives
me hope that our fall will be long and hot.
Just incase you have not heard, it will be an El Nina winter. Lots of snow early and long snowy ski days that will do the spirit good. That fact gives me hope and keeps me excited despite the recent rainy days.
Although many of our summer plans have not come to fruition, many of them have and the summer in our homestead has been awesome. I have been practicing new boundries in all aspects of my life and that has allowed for an incredible string of adventures.
We have been kite boarding in Nitinaht.Camping in the grand U.S. of A, and have spent nice lazy days by the lake. Our family time has been awesome. In order to keep the balance I have had to say no to the invitation we received to The Emmy Awards. (Brad & George will have to wait for another year for me) We are honoured by the invite but delighted to decline the pressures and time away from my family that these honours bring. It isn't all glitz and glam, it is hard work and hard time. Maroon 5 once sang...
"it's not rainbows & butterflies, it's comprimise." That is the real picture.
A few weeks until the school year starts and my lovelies are back on someone elses schedule. I appreciate these freedoms of loving my kids on their time rather than the school systems. That said, I welcome the routine and the promise of rituals that we enter knowingly.
Ahhh, summer. You have been a fickle bird this year... figure it out for next year Yo!
Love & Light,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment