Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Stars Are Aligned, We All Get To Live Our Passion.

I find it so interesting that even at the most hectic of times, a fresh snowfall can quiet even the wildest chaos. Waking up to the sound of a (almost) four year old's squeal that it is snowing outside may be the sweetest sound ever. It is the epitome of childhood bliss and anything that brings my children bliss, and my children's elation, is the foundation of my own bliss. I write today with mixed emotions. I am still amazed by what the past six weeks have brought to fruition. I have the Oscars excitement that is still alive and electric running through me. I have been approached by many amazing women who have unexpectedly reached out to offer support to me and my work. I have my amazing friend 'Di' who just had her documentary "Abandon Ship: The sinking of The Concordia" debut on the CBC. It is worth mentioning that her daughter was on that vessel when it sank so her accounting of the event is particularly raw & accurate. To watch this documentary it is evident that 'Di' is living her passion. My other friend 'Care' is following her passion and in the midst of realizing her own dream which I am blessed to be in the inner circle of development in that I am privileged to be a sounding board and a spiritual & creative support to her in this time of her beautiful manifestation. She is living her passion. I recently received an email from one of our s local sirens. I'll call her 'Bif' ;). She was so gracious and generous with her light and love when she reached out to me. She has indeed been a welcome and like minded supporter of women living their passion. 'Bif' is an icon for women aspiring to live their passion because she has long been living her passion. Moments ago I received another email from a fellow jewelry designer who I respect very much. I will refer to her as 'Sugar'. We have been sharing a lot of press these past few weeks and as I have said to her, it is a huge compliment to be in her company- and an inspiration to me as she too is living her passion. A moment ago I opened an email from one of my all time favorite Collingwood students. FYI- anyone who works with children and claims that we don't have favorites...they full of it! That is just a big ole' lie! Those little lovelies work their way into your heart and the space they've claimed only continues to grow and we, continue to grow more fond of them as the years go on. I will refer to this particular little heart stealer as 'CG'. Here is a perfect example of the next generation of amazing women living their passion. 'CG' was one of those students who had supportive parents, great friends, teachers who love her, and whose beauty is immense and shines from the inside out. 'CG' has always held a special place in my heart for all of the above reasons but she won my highest respect when she made an incredibly difficult decision when it came to deciding on which university to attend. Where her family all attended one University, and the hope was that 'CG' would follow suit and many of her other bff's chose another school to attend, 'CG' listened to her heart, followed her passion and was accepted to an incredible university overseas. It takes huge courage and passion to follow your own inner voice at such a tender age. Alas, 'CG' has the personal insight that I wish for my 'Miss. B' when she arrives at that age. 'CG' inspires me and she is listening to and living her passion. And now, here comes the mixed emotion... I also have a friend who I will call 'Em'. Em is the mother we all wish we had. To watch her parent her children you know she was born to be a Mama. She is the queen of play dates. The champion chef for feeding her family healthy, whole, organic foods. Her playroom is every kid's fantasy and her backyard a family mecca. Her world is obviously her family and her family shines for it. Today is 'Em's birthday. Where you might expect her to be spending her day filled with lunch with the girls, flowers, candy, balloons, big laughs, wine, dinner out... just a laid back, fun kind of day. I could see how you would expect that. Rather, she gets to receive her first radiation treatment today. There is no fun involved there. There is fear and anxiety and a deep hope for a miracle. Where the cancer has claimed her body, I am here to say I claim her body too. I knew 'Em' first and I am here to ask all of you to send her light & love and healing energy. She deserves to be healthy and her children, our children, we all deserve to be apart of the love she has to give. I believe if the stars are really aligned then 'Em's fight is really our fight and together we can be part of the story that ends with the sentence... " and that is how they turned the table and how THEY fucked cancer over!" 'Em' deserves to continue to live her passion, but more than anything she deserves to live. Love & Light and a big ole FUCK YOU CANCER..NOT THIS TIME...! ;) t.

No comments:

Post a Comment